At Schuck Group, we love doing open houses. It really gives your home the chance to shine, and allows potential buyers the opportunity to tour your home at a leisurely pace. In many cases, those who come to the open house have already seen the home with their agent, but they want the chance to take an in-depth tour at their own pace.
If your home is really looking its best on Open House day, you can end the weekend with a few offers already in your pocket. Truly, that's what every seller hopes for.
If you want that to be you, here are seven easy steps you can take to make sure your home is looking top-notch and ready-to-impress on Open House day:
1. Hire a cleaning service. It may just be dirt, but any obvious flaws will only make your home look older and harder to maintain. The more spotless it looks, the more it earns its asking price.
2. Mow your lawn and put away yard clutter. Pick up any outdoor toys and yard equipment and store them away, so would-be buyers can really see the outdoor-living potential your home offers.
3. Serve a snack. Cookies, candy and drinks can add a nice, inviting touch to any Open House. Just be sure the kitchen is clean and dirty cups are put away and out of sight periodically so everything stays tidy.
4. Lock up your valuables. Especially things like jewelry, money and medicines. Although we will be on site at all times, it's impossible to keep a close eye on everyone who comes through.
5. Turn all all lights. Even in the daytime, it will add the most light to your home and help everything sparkle.
6. Find a place for your pets. If you can, take them with you when you're out for the day, or ask a neighbor to look after them. Most pets will not handle so many strangers in the family home, and in some cases, buyers can be turned off by a home that has pets.
7. Leave. It's awkward for potential buyers to look through your closets and express their true feelings about your home's appearance while you are there. We want buyers to feel at home.
We at Schuck Group will be there for you every step of the way and help your home look its best. Be sure to ask us for any advice you may need.