If you are thinking about buying a home and you want to make a good decision, the best thing to do is to make a plan.
1. CONSIDER IF BUYING A HOME IS RIGHT FOR YOU.
- What is your financial situation – both current and future? Do you see any big changes coming in your life?
- Where do you want to live?
- What type of housing would be ideal for you now and in the years to come?
- When do you want to start living in your new home?
- What is important to you? Consider schools, neighborhood, transportation, crime rates, environmental conditions and other factors. Looking back on where you've lived in the past, where were you happiest and why?
2. SELECT A REALTOR TO REPRESENT YOU.
While there is plenty of information online, all markets vary from one another, and a good agent can guide you by giving you information based on experience and market knowledge. If you pick right, your agent will be able to combine their knowledge of financing, home construction, the area, contracts, negotiations, and the buying process to represent your interests from start to finish. While shopping for a home can be fun, you want to do so with knowledge and confidence — your Realtor can provide both.
3. MAKE TIME TO GET YOUR FINANCES IN ORDER.
- When buying a home the two biggest numbers to understand are the cash requirements to purchase and the monthly payment amount.
- Order your free credit report through the FTC program. Make sure you understand the impact to your credit score before you take on new credit or cancel existing credit accounts.
- Find a lender – Getting pre-approved for a mortgage (not just pre-qualified) is a big step and can make your home purchase much easier!
- Define the areas you want to search for homes and talk to your Realtor about your search parameters.
- Learn what to look for in the properties you are seeing. Depending on the age and type of construction, there are many telltale signs to look for that your Realtor can help you spot, and a home inspection will tell you what repair costs you may be facing in the future.
4. LEARN HOW TO MAKE OFFERS WITH CONFIDENCE
There are many factors other than price that make up an offer. Your Realtor can help you understand what goes into competitive offers aside from price — including contingencies like home inspections, financing and appraisal, and how you will be protected. For more assistance please contact us with your question!
Home Buyer Services
The Schuck Group is dedicated to helping buyers make great decisions. Whether it is your first time buying or your tenth, we are your source for trusted advice and our experience is sure to help.
- You will understand if buying a home is right for you.
- You will understand the cost of housing in areas in which you want to live.
- You will have help with your must-have vs. your like-to-have list.
- You will understand home loan options and we will make you a savvy loan shopper.
- You will have any and all of our home search tools at your disposal as we set up refined searches than can help pinpoint just what you’re looking for and will set up email alerts to notify you.
- You will hear us tell you the good and bad of the houses that you are looking at. From floor plans to building products, we are ready to help you compare.
- You will understand how the local real estate sales contracts work and how you are protected by the contract clauses.
- You will understand the pricing and sales market around the home that you are considering and we will give you our strategic advice to help you get the home you want for the best price possible.
- You will be helped from inspection stage to settlement, making sure you understand and are protected through all the steps.
- You will have our commitment to help whenever you need it. Contractor advice, future refinancing, renovation ideas - You Name It.
PRAISE FOR THE SCHUCK GROUP
'Thanks so much for all of your assistance on our recent home purchase. As you know, we were rather indecisive and unclear about what we really wanted and needed in a house. You were extremely patient guiding us through the process. By helping us identify our needs, narrow the options and pre-screening different properties, you made the process so much easier for us. Your knowledge of the housing market and how to effectively manage the bidding process was invaluable. In fact, we were able to avoid an escalation clause because of your guidance.
We also appreciated your assistance in the closing process, from inspecting the property to identifying potential lenders and even helping us transition utilities-you were there with us every step of the way.
We are now settling into our new home and can´t thank you enough for all you´ve done. We would enthusiastically recommend you to others and would be very eager serve as a reference.'
- Lewis and Simone